Avery's Diseases of the Newborn, 8th Edition Summary:
Saunders | English | 2004-07-30 | ISBN: 0721693474 | 1664 pages | PDF | 35,8 MB
Thoroughly revised and updated, the New Edition of this definitive text explains how to care for neonates using the very latest methods. It maintains a clinical focus while providing state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment techniques. Written by more than 55 specialists who are actively involved in the care of sick newborns, it serves as an authoritative reference for practitioners, a valuable preparation tool for neonatal board exams, and a useful resource for the entire neonatal care team.
• Focuses on diagnosis and management, describing pertinent developmental physiology and the pathogenesis of neonatal problems.
• Includes over 500 crisp illustrations that clarify important concepts and techniques. • Features the contributions of new editor Christine Gleason, a well-known neonatologist specializing in fetal physiology and drug/alcohol effects on the brain.
• Discusses hot topics such as ethical decisions in the neonatal-perinatal period * maternal medical disorders of fetal significance, seizure disorders, isoimmunization, cancer and mental disorders * maternal and fetal anesthesia and analgesia * prenatal genetic diagnosis * overview of clinical evaluation of metabolic disease * neonatal pain in the 21st Century * immunology of the fetus and newborn * wonders of surfactant * long-term neurological outcomes in children with congenital heart disease * developmental biology of the hematologic system * and illustrative forms and normal values: blood, CSF, urine.
• Features extensive cross-referencing, making it quick and easy to navigate through the organ-related sections.
• Includes coverage of perinatology-providing a well-rounded, comprehensive approach to patient care.
• Presents case studies designed to help readers recognize and manage cases in the office setting and asses their understanding of the topic.